Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Waiting Game

I had my 36th week doctor's appointment today, and it was pretty uneventful. The doctor isn't too concerned about the weight of the baby because my amniotic fluid and everything else looks good with the baby. Plus, she said the ultrasound isn't completely accurate in measuring the baby's weight. However, I am scheduled for non-stress tests and ultrasounds on weeks 37 and 38. At week 38, if the ultrasound reveals that the baby is still below the 10th percentile in weight, they will consider inducing labor.

Now, I just have to sit back and wait. I could go into labor before my 38th week check-up, be induced shortly after that visit, or go closer to my due date. I hate the waiting part!

I'm trying to occupy my time with shopping and relaxing. I checked out Teeter Totter in Carmel today, and I just had to buy a cute pair of pink Robeez. Of course, they won't fit her for awhile, but at least I have them on hand for that day!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I've never been good at waiting, either. I just wish she'd get here already!

You ought to post a picture of your purchase!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Sloan was about the same weight about that time too, don't worry, they gain a lot at the end, Sloan ended up at 6 lbs, 6 oz. Plus, the smaller the better right??? (: